Senior Customer Support,
Full Time, with
123456.00 GBP salary
per annum, in
Select an Industry industry
EH105DT, Edinburgh, GB
AS Level or higher grade,
of Graduate or greater education level,
with driver's licence.
Previous experience is not required.
Intercom is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to make Internet business personal by fundamentally changing the way businesses interact and communicate with their customers.
The Customer Support team is primarily responsible for onboarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product. Support Representatives are responsible for working directly with customers to help them get started and grow in using Intercom, answer product questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues to engineers, and act as the bridge between our customers and our product design and development teams.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers. We rely on Intercom to do most of our support but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then.
- Own customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution. We pride ourselves on getting out in front of customer issues and proactively making sure our customers are getting the most they can from Intercom.
- Become an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of. Our product team moves extremely fast so this is an ongoing challenge.
- Influence the direction of Intercom, the product. You will be talking with lots of our customers on a daily basis. The team is responsible for ensuring that all customers have a great experience with the product. A crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible. You will be working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions. Hustle, defined as the fight to make positive, regular progress and encourage that fight in others, is key to the success of this team and Intercom as a whole.
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company. Our vision is to fundamentally change forever how Internet businesses and their customers communicate.
- A genuine enjoyment of technology: You're technically curious, you enjoy learning about new products & how things work
- An understanding of internet culture
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment and be a great problem solver (You're also really good at Googling!)
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Excellent communication skills. You need to be a very competent writer with the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Unlike other companies, everyone in Intercom talks directly with customers. Candidates must be ambitious (every day counts!), eager to learn and improve themselves, kind, without ego, and with a sense of humor.
Bonus Skills & Attributes:
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every weekday, plus snacks and drinks on tap
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Paid up LEAP card
- Roaming gym membership across all FlyeFit gyms in Dublin
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!