Operations and Research Engineer,
Full Time, with
0.00 GBP salary
per annum, in
Internet Services industry
EH2 3AA, Edinburgh, GB
or higher grade, of Graduate or greater education level, w/o driver's licence. Previous experience is not required.
sensewhere Ltd. is a world leader in hyper-local and indoor positioning solutions. sensewhere’s technology enables precise location information indoors and in tight urban areas. Key aspects of the technology are based on dynamic software algorithms which use all available location data from GNSS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GIS and other Sensors to rapidly create accurate location information.
In August 2015, we announced that Tencent Holdings Limited (“Tencent”, SEHK 00700), a leading provider of Internet services in China, has completed a strategic investment in the company and as a result we are adding to our team.
We are currently looking for an experienced Computing Research engineer to join our growing start-up team in the exciting positioning and navigation technology field with prospects of developing applications/services for some of the elite companies in the world.
Working as a key member of our development team you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance our data management and big data strategies.
To be considered for this position you must have:
• An education degree relates to applied research in data management or computer science.
• Experience with object-oriented design and programming, preferably Java
• Knowledge about design patterns, UML, or other modelling languages
• Ability to conduct performance analysis on large scale distributed systems
• Strong background in distributed computing and data management concepts and technologies is a must.
• Proficiency with data structures and parallelisation algorithms
• Strong problem solving, communication and team working skills.
• Proven experience designing, writing and/or executing automation processes
• Previous experience in data analysis.
• Strong mathematical/statistical skills.
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
o Cloud platforms.
o Large-scale data processing platforms.
o cloud automation tools.
o Distributed data processing technology.