Lead Systems Developer,
Full Time, with
0.00 GBP salary
per annum, in
Internet Services industry
EH2 3AA, Edinburgh, GB
or higher grade, of Graduate or greater education level, w/o driver's licence. Previous experience is not required.
sensewhere Ltd. is a world leader in hyper-local and indoor positioning solutions. sensewhere’s technology enables precise location information indoors and in tight urban areas. Key aspects of the technology are based on dynamic software algorithms which use all available location data from GNSS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GIS and other Sensors to rapidly create accurate location information.
In August 2015, we announced that Tencent Holdings Limited (“Tencent”, SEHK 00700), a leading provider of Internet services in China, has completed a strategic investment in the company and as a result we are adding to our team.
We are currently looking for an experienced GIS system engineer to join our growing start-up team in the exciting positioning and navigation technology field with prospects of developing applications/services for some of the elite companies in the world.
Working as a key member of a dynamic mobile and web development team you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the server based GIS mapping and navigation system and its components.
The current role’s requirement is at our Edinburgh, UK office. The selected candidate will be rewarded with competitive salary and other benefits.
To be considered for this position you must have:
• Solid experience in GIS system design and development.
• Strong knowledge in Mapping, spatial relations and other GIS concepts.
• Strong programming skills with languages such as C++/JAVA/PHP/Perl etc.
• Solid experience in database schematic design for GIS spatial features.
• Good database knowledge in either MySQL or PostgreSQL.
• Experience in designing, developing and testing related algorithms through simulation and in real environments.
• Previous knowledge of GIS data analysis and manipulation techniques.
• Experience in using open source tools and libraries related to mapping and navigation.
• Experience in digitising venue or indoor layout maps using tools such as ArcGIS/QGIS.
• Web development experience using maps APIs such as openstreet maps, google maps etc.
• Conceptual knowledge of GPS and other positioning systems.
• Experience with the most recent positioning and navigation applied research, GIS and statistical analysis.
• Previous experience with 3D mapping or multidimensional spatial relations.
• Good IT/Engineering/GIS relevant degree.
Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK. All recruitment plans and advertising plans have already been negotiated and are motion – please, no agencies.