Positioning Systems Research Engineer,
Full Time, with
0.00 GBP salary
per annum, in
Internet Services industry
EH2 3AA, Edinburgh, GB
or higher grade, of Graduate or greater education level, w/o driver's licence. Previous experience is not required.
sensewhere Ltd. is a world leader in hyper-local and indoor positioning solutions. sensewhere’s technology enables precise location information indoors and in tight urban areas. Key aspects of the technology are based on dynamic software algorithms which use all available location data from GNSS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GIS and other Sensors to rapidly create accurate location information.
In August 2015, we announced that Tencent Holdings Limited (“Tencent”, SEHK 00700), a leading provider of Internet services in China, has completed a strategic investment in the company and as a result we are adding to our team.
View our technologies, features and benefits on our short 4 minute video on our website home page.
Please also note that sensewhere is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
You enjoy the freedom of research but able to work toward predefined targets. You have the passion for R&D and love experimenting beyond the limits. You are self-motivated, well-discipline, thorough and resourceful engineer who can employ his creativity to tackle challenging problems. You have confidence in your talent and are keen to demonstrate it to us.
We are currently looking for an experienced research engineer in the field of positioning and navigation to join our growing start-up team with the prospects of advancing our technology and applications/services in the rapidly growing field.
Working as a key member of a dynamic engineering team you will be responsible for the design, concept proofing and experimenting of the positioning and navigation system components. Your responsibility will also include supervising and supporting junior research engineers, supporting company strategic discussions and continuously analysing tests results and other data.
To be considered for this position you must have:
• Strong knowledge in the field of positioning and navigation, preferably indoors.
• Previous experience in applied research of dead reckoning systems, wireless positioning systems or equivalent systems.
• Strong mathematical and statistical skills preferably with relevant educational background.
• Experience in designing, developing and testing positioning related algorithms in lab and in real environments.
• Solid experience with Matlab, Simulink or similar tools.
• Good and relevant Engineering/Mathematics degree.
• Ability to explain your ideas to different level of audience.
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Previous Knowledge and experience in either Kalman or Particle Filters.
• Good computing and object oriented programming skills in high level language such as C++/JAVA etc.
• Experience or familiarity with GPS and other Satellite based positioning systems.
• Conceptual knowledge of signal processing, attenuation and propagation models.
• Experience in Mapping, spatial relations or similar GIS concepts.
Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK. All recruitment plans and advertising plans have already been negotiated and are motion – please, no agencies.